I just had quite an awful experience today as soon as I unlocked my PC in the morning at work received virus alert from my Avira Anti-Virus Guard saying "AntiVir has detected 'TR/Agent.coxr' in the file D:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\rncsys32.exe"
And also noticed changes in my active desktop where some of my icons were unable to display and seemed corrupted which really scared me.

Then I realized the download I put last nite from not a very good trusted torrent site. And immediately scanned my entire PC for the malicious files and programmes which proved really good and detected few files immediately and healed them. And did a reboot of the PC that's it everything started back normal. Thanks to the Avira Anti-Virus Personal edition.

But in this process I learnt and came across some really useful info thats worth sharing:

1. Virus Guru is a website that helped me with its neat and clean description of the various virus, its risk factors and healing procedures.

2. Trusted Torrent sites with enormous increase of users who love downloading torrents the risk of getting trapped in malicious sites is higher and from today I choose not to search for any torrents in other than these sites which are been reviewed some of the best and here's the list"
1. The Pirate Bay
2. Mininova
3. Vertor
4. Demonoid
5. Torrentz
6. BtDig
7. Nowtorrents

0 comments:

Rate My Writings